BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Saturday, April 25, 2009

I was thinking...

My mind has been spinning for days. I have been waking up in the middle of the night. I think I am doing a good job not worrying, about money, a job, life coaching and how I will come up with the money to do that, my mom, things like that. However, I know how a little worry can trickle in, anyway.
I cut myself a break as it is only human. I am mainly excited about the possibilities. Uncertainty is a funny thing, it stresses us out, but it also makes life very exciting. Think about it, if we had everything sorted out and knew what was going to happen, everyday, no surprises (good or bad), how boring that would be. So, I am making uncertainty my friend. I am attempting to fall in love with uncertainty :-). There is so much to do and so many options that I am a bit overwhelmed, but I take each day and just do what I can with what I have and where I am.
Getting some jobs and finishing the book are my first goals. The book is close, I only have to clean up the format and edit one more time. I have a small job next week, so that is something.
Mom is getting better every day, but it is slow going, so she still needs all your prayers and good thoughts. Life is so beautiful and wonderful, I am happy to be here, today, no matter what.
Okay, I am rambling, I will shut up now :-). What are your thoughts on uncertainty? How do you cope with it? Happy weekend. XOXO

10 comments:

maninthemoonherbs said...

I too struggle with the good and bad aspects of uncertainty! I'm doing that today. I thought I had a regular gig every Saturday, but found out it's not as sure as I thought! I keep trying to remind myself that things are exactly the way they are supposed to be in any given moment and if that doesn't work out it's because I'm supposed to do something else. It helps. : )

Annie said...

Yes! We have to remember that there is always something better around the corner :-). Really there is.

ExtraO said...

Uncertainty is simply a part of life. In my opinion, it's good. It makes life interesting. I have faith that things will turn out well for you.

sukipoet said...

No wonder you have been waking up. There is a lot going on in your life right now on many levels.

I've been waking up like that too for quite some time. Even though we know about uncertainty as being a part of life, even though maybe during the daytime we can keep busy so uncertainty is held at bay, it is harder at night when our daytime "do" defenses are down and we are just "being." I had a super massage almost 2 weeks ago now. A deep tissue massage. I had never had a deep tissue type before and it hurt a bit but I let her do it just to see what might result. Knock on wood, I have slept well ever since. I wake in the night, but am able to relax back into sleep. I hadnt realized that my body was THAT tense until after that massage. I know it may seem an indugence at this time of money uncertainty, but maybe this would help you?? Just a thought. Meanwhile, remember to breathe. Blessings, Suki

Erin Davis said...

I applaud your ability to make uncertainty your friend. I have a hard time with that, but am much happier when I'm able to do it.

willowtree said...

I'm not certain how to answer.

kj said...

every day i know less, not more.

and somehow that makes things easier...

:)

Unknown said...

I think it's moving positively, slowly but definitely slowly. Definitely will pray for your mom and at least that's a good start on work and book. Certainly looking forward to the progress of both. Big hugs for the weekend...sigh..it will be Monday tomorow, weekend's way too short ;P love/M

mermaid said...

Thank you for your honest sharing. Thoughts and emotions can be messy, but letting them flow as they need to, and taking good care of yourself in the process helps.

SF, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hia Annie, ooo I hate uncertainty. I like to have made a plan and stick to it, but I do like to add in little extras to a basic plan like on a trip from a to b veering off a little to see c and d but still get where I want to be ultimately the richer for the experience.