BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Time



When I get overwhelmed with too much work and not enough play, I get cranky. I forget who I am and what is important. Lately, I have been trying something new, I take each moment as it comes, I don't project into the day or week all I have to do, (well, I do project for a minute and then I feel discomfort which reminds me to stay in the moment) when I stay in the moment I feel like I have plenty of time, and then I relax and things go much smoother. Have you ever found that you get really tired if you think about all you have to do? Instead, just do the task at hand and don't worry about the rest. It all gets done. This has been a hard one for me to get, but I am getting it. I just thought I would share this with all my overworked bloggy friends :-).Happy Thursday. XOXO

8 comments:

nollyposh said...

i hear ~You~ and (Try to) practice this too ...Thankyou <3

willowtree said...

Have you ever found that you get really tired if you think about all you have to do?

Hell! I get tired when I think about getting up off the couch!!

sukipoet said...

Cute Willowtree. When I first began meditating I kept a paper by my side because so many thoughts came up (good ideas too) of things to do that i didnt want to let them go.

I do try to return to the present moment much of the time. I also though keep lists of things to do in the week ahead and another list of larger game plan things to do. that gets the stuff out of my head and makes it easier to return to the now.

Doris Sturm said...

Good advise! I try to live that way most of the time nowadays!

Have a nice weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

Geeze I think cranky and crabby, and also not enough sleep is going around!

Meditating is what gets me by....

Thank you for commenting on my doodles!
Pattee

becky said...

I too get cranky when I get too busy. It's funny how many times i forget about the present moment... and how often i have to remind myself! work in progress!
:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Annie. It's been one of those weeks where I've been fretting about all that needs to be done and how I will have the time and energy to get it all done.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

You are thinking well and remembering the moments to get you thru the trying times.

I am visiting family in Oregon for my mom's 80th and there was a big family blow up yesterday that had been festering for months.

I am having trouble forgetting the hurtful words thrown about by my mom and 'dad' and my sis and her husband.

I have one more day here and then I think a big session with my therapist...