BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Sunday, December 5, 2010

EPIPHANY!





I had a huge epiphany this morning, thanks to the wonderful writer Jan Frazier, she had a little audio on her site called Getting Unstuck and I listened to it and I cried the whole way through because she was speaking to me. What it all boils down to is that my whole adult life and some of my childhood I have been on a spiritual quest to wake up. Jan has woke up and she has become an important guide. What I learned this morning is so huge, so big that I know it is life altering, though what that will look like in time I have no idea. The main thing I learned is: You cannot take refuge in your larger being to avoid dealing with what is going on, the painful stuff. Wow.

I have been taking refuge in my larger god self my whole life, I thought it was what you did to be a spiritual person, to wake up. No wonder I have been feeling stuck for most of my life!!! It also goes along with my work with "The Process", part of the process is that you are to jump into the uncomfortable stuff, a step I sometimes gloss over. Clearly I like to avoid pain, don't we all? But Jan says in order to move away from the pain you have to feel it first, usually when I feel any kind of pain I use one of my spiritual techniques to push the pain away and I feel so good that I was able to stay happy. Nothing wrong with happiness, but nothing wrong with pain either, that's the point. I don't mean wallow in victim hood and woe is me, I mean just feel what is happening in each moment and deal with it instead of trying to always fix it. I know many of you are also on a spiritual quest so I wanted to share this information. Go here and listen to the audio yourself, you will be glad you did. Happy Sunday!!!! XOXO

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday too Annie. It sounds like you are making some real break-throughs in your life.

sukipoet said...

hope you had a lovely day. i listened to part of this tape. very buddhist really. i hope your epiphany opens you to self understanding and self love.

deborah from collagewhirl said...

Hi, I haven't commented before but I have been following and enjoying your blog for a little while. I'm looking forward to listening to this, as well as some of the other things on Jan's site. Thanks for sharing:-) Deborah

mermaid said...

Annie, I've done it to, and many times still do. Your intention to feel even the pain is so beautiful. May it be so.

Unknown said...

Such a moving post Annie, and I agree with Melanie, so I am glad you've come through . I pray and hope the best for you my friend...xoxoxo MK

Jos said...

Learning to let the difficult/painful feelings flow through us is a tough art to learn let alone practise Annie. Will have a listen to Jan later on when I get in tonight. I just love the word Epiphany ... such a hopeful word! Lots of love xx Jos

Marion said...

I love this epiphany, Annie. In seeking balance, I have to learn to honour the pain as well as the joys. I'm glad you've found that pathway!

Happy Sunday to you as well, my friend.

PS...I received your emails. Thank you so much.

ExtraO said...

I have always believed that it's OK and often beneficial to allow yourself to feel a wide range of emotions including the negative ones.

becky said...

Annie, I love your snowy pod photo... it's precious, and so are you! Happy for your epiphany!
:)

yoborobo said...

Hi Annie! I thought I had commented here, but I guess I didn't. You know how Blogger is! :) I am glad you've had this breakthrough - and I wish good things and happiness for you, my friend! xox Pam

Lori ann said...

i'm happy for you annie, what a wonderful happy post!

~Babs said...

Interesting thoughts here.
You sound so happy, and I'm glad.

I also love the pod photo.

secret agent woman said...

Non-attachment, being in the moment. I believe it, but I struggle to pratice it.