BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This is it...




In my last post I told you I was finishing paintings I was very excited about, this is the first one. I am very excited about this because for two years I have been reaching for something unnameable and in these new paintings I am finally there! There are about 20-30 very thin layers of venetian plaster, oil, graphite, paper, most of which are taken from old ledger books and then I draw on them), and cold wax. Much scraping and sandpapering goes on with these, much rubbing with alcohol, they are very labor intensive and this piece took about 7 weeks of daily work, but it was a labor of love. As it is so hard to show you the details of this painting I took some detail shots for you, also if you click on the images and then click again you will get a better feel for it. This one is 20"x 16".
It will not be going to my ETSY shop or be on redbubble, these are paintings I am doing for a wonderful gallery that I am submitting them to for representation. Wish me luck :-). I will be showing more of these as I complete them, I have two more nearly done.
I always love to hear from you.
XOXO

9 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GOOD Luck!
I know you will be welcomed to the new gallery!
I really get your excitement when you do a work that is new and works so well. I just did one recently that I was so excited about...I just entered it in a show today! Keep posting the wonderful ART!

Annie said...

Thank you Sue! I went to your site, I was going to leave a comment, but google wanted my birthday so they could send me age appropriate ads, when I refused they would not let me comment, xoxo

lynne h said...

i do wish you luck, sweet annie... and i can see why you're *very* happy with this painting. how big is it? did you already tell us and i've forgotten?

xoxo

ArtPropelled said...

This is it, indeed! Annie it is beautiful!

Annie said...

Lynne, thank you sweetie, the size is 20" x 16". xoxo
Robyn, So glad you like it! xoxo

Houseelf said...

How exciting! Good luck being accepted in the show.

Annie said...

Melanie,Thank you, it isn't a show I am seeking gallery representation.
xoxo

kj said...

LOVE that you will have gallery representation!

So much going on in this piece--exciting indeed

Love
kj

Annie said...

Kj, Thank you, I don't have gallery representation yet, I have to submit work and then find out, I have submitted work to over 30 galleries in the past year, and they rejected me, so who knows if this gallery will take me. I do think this is the best work I have done. xoxo