BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another New Painting












































Let me keep my mind on what matters

Which is my work

Which is mostly standing still and

Learning to be astonished

Mary Oliver

This is my favorite painting so far, I wish you could see it in person because the photos cannot capture it properly. I did take a side view and close ups to help show you what is going on, but please enlarge if you have time.

I call this one "The Path" and decided to title the other painting "Finding My Way Through".

12"x 12", venetian plaster and pastels, acrylics, graphite and varnish. I am also working on two smaller paintings and one 47"x 47", having great fun! Please share your thoughts. Happy Monday! XOXO

13 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oooooh. Me likee! This is so exciting, Annie. I see a sureness and confidence in your paintings -- they know what they are all about. They are full of fun to me and yet very real at the same time. I have such an interesting experience when I look at them!

sukipoet said...

I really think you are "hot" this summer. Again I love the area between the white and the black and other color mixes. I like the circles combined this time with line swirls. and the close up shots show some of the layers beneath.

Lori ann said...

i was thinking the same thing, it's my favorite too, just amazing. love the name and m.o.
have a great, astonishing week dear annie.

ExtraO said...

It's a very interesting painting!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and creative - just the way art is supposed to be.
Great blog too! I'm adding you to my links!
peace :)

secret agent woman said...

That's very cool - and the Mary Oliver quote is perfect.

Lynn Cohen said...

YOur art always makes me smile, every day as it sits in my home! upstairs and downstairs!!! ;-)

kj said...

you are really on to something, annie: so totally VIBRANT!there is hope and joy painted into every layer! this is a delight to just look at, like following the yellow brick road except that it's annie's white plaster road. :^)

i just saw the scarf you painted for suki. so nice, so kind.


kj

Annie said...

To Everyone: You are all so dear and kind. I am glad you like it!
I appreciate all of you. xoxo

studio lolo said...

perfect name because I love the path you're on right now :)

I'm actually doing a series of paintings inspired by Mary Oliver's poetry. I love this one!

xo
lo♥

Kate P said...

Dreamy. Fun. Joyful. Hooray!

Houseelf said...

It almost looks like a woman greeting a day with her arms. Love it too Annie. The colour and the depth of layers work so well.

~Babs said...

Awesome quote, Annie.
I love the happy, celebration feel to this new one. A wrapping up of a wonderful surprise gift,,,with a swirly,joyous big ribbon!
Perfect!