BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Monday, March 17, 2008

Birthday
















Today is my birthday. I am getting of an
age when I am no longer thrilled that I am
getting older. Remember when we were really
young, like 8 or 9 and we could not wait until
we were 12 :-)? Remember how slowly time
seemed to go? It is absolutely true that time
goes faster as you get older. It must be quiet a
blur when you get up into your nineties. I have
been a bit cranky the last couple days, I think
stress and PMS are to blame. I have also been
thinking of blame. When things don't go our way
we often pick someone or something to blame.
My feeling is that everything is us. I am not saying
that we should blame ourselves, I mean that there
is nothing and no one to blame for anything. I know
this is not a popular idea and even will make some
people mad. That's okay. I have a lot of ideas that
are not popular :-). It appears as if there is always
something outside of ourselves that we can say
caused us unhappiness, God, our boyfriend, our
parents, President Bush. I think everything is responding
to us, and that if we don't like the response, we must
look inside ourselves and find the way to change. Some
will say, what about the little child who dies? Stuff
like that is hard to understand, but I really believe that
we choose ahead of time what will happen to us, to some
degree. It gets a bit complex because I think fate and free
will are both true :-). Wrap your mind around that and it
becomes a bit easier to see how things work. Of course
I could be totally wrong about all of this and I have an
open mind enough to listen to what others think and say.
I just find my day goes better if I work on myself and
stop blaming the world for what is wrong in my life. I
do know how tempting it is and I still do it when I am
cranky, like now. I want to blame Mr. B for why we
aren't working out, but I know in my heart it is inside me.
Just something to think about. Have a great day everyone!

10 comments:

Julie said...

I think you're absolutely right. And have a Happy Birthday!!!

Annie Coe said...

Thanks Julie, you are my favorite commenter :-)

Jessie said...

happy birthday annie!!!!!
:)

Annie Coe said...

Thanks Jessie, you are also my favorite commenter :-).

willowtree said...

Happy Birthday from me and the posse!!! xoxo

Dagny said...

Happy Birthday!

//sorry I was late, hope you had a great night!

Nina said...

OOO you got kisses from Willowtree, lucky girl. Happy birthday!

Paula In Pinetop said...

Happy birthday you little cutie !!!!

I bet you aren't as old as I am !

Annie Coe said...

Paula, not as old as you, but catching up in 2 years! :-)And you are all my favorites, how could I pick only one. Love you all. Thanks

Neil said...

I'm sorry I'm so late. I just noticed this post. I hope this is a terrific year for you!