BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Time


























To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness. This state is then no longer dependent upon things being in a certain way, good or bad. It seems almost paradoxical, yet when your inner dependency on form is gone, the general conditions of your life, the outer forms, tend to improve greatly. Things, people, or conditions that you thought you needed for your happiness now come to you with no struggle or effort on your part, and you are free to enjoy and appreciate them - while they last. All those things, of course, will still pass away, cycles will come and go, but with dependency gone there is no fear of loss anymore. Life flows with ease. -Eckhart Tolle




I love Sundays and today has been one of relaxing, hiking, varnishing and attempting to get photos of two new paintings, but I was unable to get the good photo, so will have to wait for another sunny day, as they are now they bare no resemblance to the paintings :-).

I have also been figuring out what to make for Thanksgiving as I am cooking for a friend or two, I can not believe that Thanksgiving is already next week, does anyone else feel that time is speeding by at an alarming rate?

And I have been thinking about life and death. A neighbor/friend passed away this Thursday, suddenly. We never know when our days are up and it is important for us to live our lives from our hearts and to be true until the end. I want to live each day as if it were my last, I fail miserably, but I do try :-).

I thought I would share a couple things from my Tumblr blog (see side bar) that have moved me in the last few days. Have a wonderful Sunday!XOXO



P.S. My ETSY sale is still going, 15% off all items.

10 comments:

xxx said...

Love those words of wisdom below the fantastic image of the Dandelion ceiling... and yes I too feel the need to live each day to the fullest with appreciation, but often fail.

xx love to you Annie and best of luck with your etsy sale... unfortunately for me I'm unable to purchase anything at this time. My car is needing replacing :(

becky said...

Annie,
I love this installation & the words that go along with it.
Yes. Time. It has been going by faster than I can believe. I too am working on living each day in that manner, and I will say- it's difficult. Hope the weather hold this weekend! Good luck on the cooking... I'm just making a salad for a potluck on tues... thursday is cafeteria lunch at work. Well, it's a good thing... if I went somewhere for thanksgiving, I'd probably eat too much anyhow. :)
again, sorry to hear of your neighbor. :(
and good luck w/ your sale.

ArtPropelled said...

The image of the Dandelion ceiling is refreshiing and Tolle's words are worth reading and re-reading.
Sorry to hear of your friends sudden passing, Annie.

Annie said...

Robyn, Love right back at you. xoxo
Becky, Thank you. I will keep you posted about Saturday and Sunday.
xoxo
Robyn2, Yes, I could read Mr. Tolle's words a billion times.xoxo

Suzanne said...

Dealing with my fathers death right now so............thank you very much.

Annie said...

Suzanne, You have been on my mind. So sorry about your father. Love.xoxo

Lori ann said...

i would think that trying your best is very good annie dear.
((( hugs + love )))

kj said...

hello annie, i have to wish you a happy thanksgiving. i hope you have a very wonderful day.

i love this photogragh. the whiteness is so pure and calming.
i'm starting to think that life is either simple or impossibly complicated, and i'm starting to think it's alot easier to fall on the simple side of things :^)

secret agent woman said...

I frequently try to return to the idea of relishing each day. It's hard when we have to get reminded by a loss.

Houseelf said...

Beautiful words. Sorry to hear about your neighbour. When something like that happens it helps us to re-evaluate our own lives.

What a wonderful picture! Time hanging in the air.