BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Monday, January 9, 2012

Just a Reminder

Even within the seemingly most unacceptable and painful situation is concealed a deeper good, and within every disaster is contained the seed of grace. Throughout history, there have been women and men who, in the face of great loss, illness, imprisonment, or impending death, accepted the seemingly unacceptable and thus found “the peace that passeth all understanding.
Acceptance of the unacceptable is the greatest source of grace in this world.
—Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks

From my tumblr blog. Must have this tattooed on the palm of my hand :-). XOXO

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thank you

You have no idea how much I needed this

kj said...

come on, grace! catch up with me!
:^)

Annie said...

Suzanne, You are welcome, I needed it too.xoxo
Kj,Grace is standing right beside you, I know it. xoxo

yoborobo said...

I have witnessed this grace in people, and it amazes me. xox

Barbara/myth maker said...

Tomorrow my niece (37) is getting a double mastectomy, and you have given me some words of wisdom to pass onto her. Thanks.

becky said...

:)

sukipoet said...

acceptance, sigh.

~Babs said...

Ah yes, "the peace that passeth all understanding,,,"
One of my favorite Bible passages.
One that I'm always wishing in hindsight that I'd remembered sooner.

"acceptance of the unacceptable",,so hard,,,but I have also witnessed it, and been amazed by it.
Seeds of grace indeed, thanks Annie!

Mim said...

I have to slow down and listen

Unknown said...

thank you for the reminder!

rc truck said...

Thanx to share with us this reminder blog.It look so great and beautiful.

Kelly M said...

Right on!