BLISSFUL-BOHEMIAN

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Week in Pictures







































See that wonderful face up top, that is Bella, she may be my new dog, we are having a test weekend. It was not planned. Yesterday a client told me about this wonderful dog at her vet's that needed a home, so I went to visit her and fell in love and took her home. She has been unadoptable because she is an escape artist.

She will either be with me or in the car or house. I am not one to leave my dog in the yard for long as here dogs often get poisoned. I named her Bella and she is a wonder, she already knows sit, and no and come, and does so about 95% of the time she is a year and a half old, Shepard/lab mix.

Very sweet and very smart and she loves the car. We took a long run/hike this morning and she can totally out run me :-). The only question is if she will be okay with my cats, she does like to chase them. Max is unafraid and Zoe is terrified. I am attempting to teach her that it is

unacceptable to chase them, we will see. I am hoping that it works out. I will keep you posted.

I took the photo of the tarantula last year, but saw one this morning without a camera to catch it.

This is what the mountain looks like this time of year.

My painting station in the kitchen, very little cooking gets done these days :-).

I will have paintings to show soon.

Happy Saturday! XOXO

15 comments:

yoborobo said...

Annie - we've taught our husky shepherd mix that the kitties are off limits, and she has been very good about it. Sophie wants to make us happy, so all I have to do is use the 'stern human' voice! lol! She is beautiful! xo

angela recada said...

Bella is beautiful! I hope it works out for all of you. Your mountain is glorious! (You know how much I adore New Mexico and Taos! :0) ) I love seeing the world through your eyes, Sweetie.

Love you, too,
xoxoxo

Suzanne said...

Wow. I saw that first picture and wondered who the beautiful dog was. She looks very smart, too. Your assortment of pictures was so interesting and so different than here in the midwest. Can't wait to see your new creations. :)

Lynn Cohen said...

I am not a dog person, however, this dogs face and eyes shout love to me...I think even I would learn to love this animal. I hope the adoption works out for you, the cats, and Bella.

Beautiful hills...looks like it wants to become a painting that photo!

Unknown said...

your words "Dogs around here often get poisined" makes me very sad and mad...what is wrong with people????
The Dog looks beautiful and i see you have the begining of color

Lubna said...

Hope Bella fits in. You do need a dog for your runs and walks. Thanks for sharing the photographs. Unfortunately for me, the only digital camera I had was the one on my blackberry, which isn't working. I can't give it for repairs since I need access to emails. Someday, I will get a separate digital camera. I miss sharing photographs.

marianne said...

I hope it will work out for all of you!
You can teach him not to chase the cats . That is better than being aggressive I think.
You will have your hands full with this job but I hope you can make it work. Than your furrfamily will be complete again ;)
Have a nice weekend♥

sukipoet said...

good luck with Bella. she is lovely.

gosh, those photos of the hills are amazing, surreal.

soulbrush said...

what an 'expressionful' face she has, hope you do get her,she would be a great companion.

secret agent woman said...

I especially like that first mountain photo.

Bella looks gentle. Do people really poison dogs who are outside? That's terrible.

Anonymous said...

oh that little bella face!
how could you not fall in love with her.
and walking her will give you both such great exercise!
my own zeke died of cancer last year and i haven't been walking like i should. seems he should be there with me.
and as to the poisoners... omg. i cannot believe some people. unbelieveable.
love,
tammy j

Jos said...

I think Bella looks very smart! And gentle. I hope Zoe becomes unafraid ... I kinda know how she feels being a bit of a fraidy-cat myself :)

You can ignore the question about teapots now Annie as your photgraphic evidence has more than sufficed!

Happy Monday! xx Jos

Lori ann said...

hi bella. dear annie, i like this post except for one hairy crawly thing. yipes.
xxx

ArtPropelled said...

Oh sweet Bella has gentle eyes. I have a Bella (Foxy) who also has gentle eyes. Hope all works out.

By the way Digby's devil stage was exacerbated by Bella's highly strung nature (a typical foxy) so when we calmed her down Digby became my sweet boy again. What would i do without Cesar Malan's techniques? He really is amazing!

What a beautiful area you live in! Not sure about the tarantula though.

Anonymous said...

Your house is so cute! Congratulations on getting a new doggie companion. She looks wonderful.